About Texas Municipal League
The Texas Municipal League exists solely to provide services to Texas cities. Since its formation in 1913, the League’s mission has remained the same: to serve the needs and advocate the interests of its members.
From the original 14 members, TML’s membership has grown to 1,125 cities.
Over 16,000 mayors, councilmembers, city managers, city attorneys, and city department heads are member officials of the League by virtue of their cities' participation.
Membership in the League is voluntary and open to any city in Texas.
- Texas Town & City magazine, the Handbook for Mayors and Councilmembers, Texas City Officials Directory, and other key publications
- Legal guidance and information on municipal legal matters
- Representation for your city on municipal legislative issues at the state and federal levels
- Conferences and seminars on a variety of city related topics
- Online training programs
- Networking and problem solving opportunities
- Free advertising on the TML Career Center
Membership fees are based on the population of the city.
Download 10 Ways to Use Your TML Membership.
The League has over 400 associate members from private sector companies, organizations, and individuals striving to provide quality services and products to municipal governments in Texas. For a list of current members, visit the Buyer's Guide. For information on joining the Texas Municipal League as an associate member, please visit Associate Membership.