Please be advised that the information found on this Web site does not constitute legal advice, and is posted for informational purposes only. Every city official should consult with local legal counsel to ensure that any information complies with current law and the particular facts of each situation.
- Senate Bill 100 Information Clearinghouse
- Texas Secretary of State: The SOS Elections Division makes available a variety of helpful elections resources, including among other things:
- Election advisories and memos;
- Election calendars;
- Election forms; and
- Detailed information about election procedures
- Texas Ethics Commission: The Texas Ethics Commission publishes a few guides on election issues, including:
- The Campaign Finance Guide for Candidates and Officeholders Who File With Local Filing Authorities;
- The Guide to Local Filing Authority's Duties Under the Campaign Finance Law; and
- A Short Guide To the Prohibition Against Using Political Subdivision Resources for Political Advertising in Connection with an Election.
- Texas Municipal Clerks Association: TMCA publishes and sells a comprehensive guide on how to administer city elections, titled the “Texas Municipal Election Law Manual.”