The various professional disciplines in city government are represented in the League through affiliate groups sometimes referred to as departments. There are 21 organizations officially affiliated with Texas Municipal League (TML).
Each affiliate has a representative on the TML Board. The term of office for the affiliate representative is two years with a maximum of four years for any one person.
To retain affiliate status, each affiliate must fully comply with a set of TML Board-approved Guidelines.
TML offers a variety of services to aid its affiliate groups including:
- Membership communications and billing
- Financial management
- Conference and workshop management
- Board and committee support
Each affiliate group has its own membership criteria and dues structure that is separate from TML.
For information on joining one of the following affiliate groups, including membership requirements, dues, and benefits, please email the TML Affiliate Services Department.
- American Planning Association Texas Chapter (APATX)
President Chance Sparks, Planner V, Freese and Nichols, Inc.
- Association of Hispanic Municipal Officials (AHMO)
President Marissa Ximenez, Councilmember, Floresville
- Building Officials Association of Texas (BOAT)
President Jeffrey Widmer, Chief Building Official, Rockwall
- Government Finance Officers Association of Texas (GFOAT)
President Keith Dagen, Finance Director, Richardson
- Texas Association of Black City Council Members (TABCCM)
President Stephen Mason, Mayor, Cedar Hill
- Texas Association of Government Information Technology Managers (TAGITM)
President Scott Joyce, Information Services Director, Euless
- Texas Association of Mayors, Councilmembers and Commissioners (TAMCC)
President Steve Rockey, Councilmember, Friendswood
- Texas Association of Municipal Health Officials (TAMHO)
President Steve Killen, Director of Development Services, Stephenville
- Texas Association of Municipal Information Officers (TAMIO)
President Jay Warren, Director of Communications and Legislative Affairs, Arlington
- Texas Chapter of American Public Works Association (Texas Chapter of APWA)
President Dorothy Bergesen, Tech Support Specialist, Freese & Nichols, Inc.
- Texas City Attorneys Association (TCAA)
President Paige Mims, City Attorney, Plano
- Texas City Management Association (TCMA)
President Brad Stafford, City Manager, Navasota
- Texas Court Clerks Association (TCCA)
President Landra Solansky, Court Administrator, Seguin
- Texas Fire Chiefs Association (TFCA)
President Clay Huckaby, Fire Chief, Buda
- Texas Municipal Clerks Association, Inc. (TMCA)
President Shelley George, City Secretary, Allen
- Texas Municipal Human Resources Association (TMHRA)
President Cheree Bontrager, Assistant Director of Human Resources, Richardson
- Texas Municipal Library Directors Association (TMLDA)
President Gretchen Pruett, Library Director, New Braunfels
- Texas Municipal Utilities Association (TMUA)
President J.D. Phillips, Executive Director, Texarkana Water Utilities
- Texas Police Chiefs Association (TPCA)
President Stan Standridge, Police Chief, Abilene
- Texas Public Purchasing Association (TxPPA)
President Kelli Davis, Purchasing Agent, Gregg County
- Texas Recreation and Park Society (TRAPS)
President Kimberly Garrett, Parks and Recreation Director, Georgetown