Tips for Employers & Job Seekers
- Download the word document (DOC) to help create an account and post your job.
When posting an ad, in the Location area, a small city should indicate larger cities nearby or county (i.e, for the City of Leon Valley, include Leon Valley, San Antonio, Bexar).
- If you post an ad using the Online Application process, the applications will be stored in the Job Application section. You will also get an email letting you know an online application has been submitted. These are Career Center-based Online Applications and not city-based Online Applications.
- Once your job has been posted, you can edit as needed, see how many times it has been viewed, or even close the job.
- Always view your job after you have posted it. View the job from the perspective of a Job Seeker. You might want to create a Job Seeker account to test how easy (or difficult) it is to apply for your job.
- RFP/RFQ's can also be posted. Treat them like a regular job posting. If they are engineer or attorney related, you can post them in the RFP/RFQ as well as the Engineer or Attorney categories.
- Texas Municipal League is not responsible for misspellings or wording, so please check your submissions carefully.
- You will need to click on the Apply Now button to apply for a job opening which may require an account with the Career Center.
- After you create your account, create a profile that includes your text-based resume.
- Always double-check your work and your email.
- Please do not include www. as part of your email as this will make your email invalid and may result in the removal of your account.