TCEQ Now Accepting Applications for Municipal Solid Waste Advisory Council
The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) is now accepting applications for the Municipal Solid Waste Management and Resource Recovery Advisory Council. Council members are appointed for six-year staggered terms by the TCEQ Commissioners. The duties of the Advisory Council include:
- reviewing and evaluating the effect of state policies and programs on municipal solid waste management;
- making recommendations to the TCEQ commissioners on matters relating to municipal solid waste management;
- recommending legislation to encourage the efficient management of municipal solid waste;
- recommending policies for the use, allocation, or distribution of the planning fund that includes identification of statewide priorities for use of funds, the manner and form of application for financial assurance, and criteria, in addition to those to be evaluated in establishing priorities for providing financial assistance to applicants;
- recommending special studies and projects to further the effectiveness of municipal solid waste management and resource recovery.
The application and additional information on the Council are available on the TCEQ website at:
The deadline to apply is July 12, 2013.