Be a Part of the National League of Cities
The National League of Cities (NLC) and the Texas Municipal League (TML) are partners advocating for and meeting the needs of cities.
Membership in the NLC complements your TML membership and benefits you and your entire elected official and staff leadership team by:
- Representing municipal interests on Capitol Hill (federal legislation and regulations)
- Creating more opportunities to share great ideas with other local officials at conferences or online from your office or home
- Providing direct access to NLC’s lobbying team
- Giving you access to solutions and savings programs, research reports, toolkits, city practice database, expert staff, and other resources to help you solve problems
- Offering outstanding leadership training programs at member discounted rates
- Recognizing the accomplishments of your city and city leaders
NLC offers you unique learning opportunities…
NLC conferences are unforgettable experiences—sessions on a wide range of issues, nationally recognized expert speakers, a chance to experience a new city, mobile workshops where you can see firsthand how another city is solving its problem, and city officials from around the world. I come back from the conferences recharged.
--Melodee Colbert Kean, Mayor of Joplin Missouri (population 53,316) and President of NLC
NLC represents your city in Washington …
NLC works for you in Washington the same way our state league does at the state capital—by lobbying for your interests and getting you the most up-to-date information about legislation and regulations. I can assure you that there are a lot of things happening in Washington that you don’t even know about that can hurt your community.
--Bennett Sandlin, Executive Director, TML
NLC is dedicated to helping city leaders build better communities. Working in partnership with the 49 state municipal leagues, NLC serves as a resource to and an advocate for the more than 19,000 cities, villages, and towns it represents. For more information, visit the NLC website.